View Single Post
Old 05-22-2023, 12:16 AM   #297
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillips
But it is given the current state of U.S. gun laws. I am absolutely sure SCOTUS would not let any business take away gun rights after working hours and not on company property.

Nothing SCOTUS has ruled that I'm aware of comes even remotely close to this claim. The current state of gun laws is irrelevant. At this point I don't understand what point you are trying to make. By definition a business can't take away gun rights, or grant them, or do anything else to them. All manner of people are fired, fined, and have many other things consequences from their employers as a result of their behavior. If people can be 'deplatformed' as a result of them spreading opinions we don't like - and they can be and are - and many other similar consequences, then I see no reason to see the Morant situation as anything other than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips
I mean we live in a world where the TN GOP members send out Christmas cards with their families adorned with military-grade weaponry.

And ... ? Those politicians are only answerable to their constituents. They aren't answerable to a large corporation that can fine/suspend/etc. and which needs to protect it's image with the general public, advertisers, and so on. It's not a remotely comparable situation.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 05-22-2023 at 12:19 AM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote