View Single Post
Old 04-30-2005, 01:43 AM   #52
Radii
Head Coach

After having given in to the whim of playing a pokerstars qualifier(spent $39, qualified for the Sunday $200+$15 300k guarenteed tourney, I may not play in that for a few weeks though, I'm saving my T$215 there, we have plans this sunday)... anyway, I sit at a 5/10 6 max table for a bit.

I jump right in after just watching a couple of hands.

me, dJchong, bigj0e03, fast1111111, KarateKid69, Abazoinks are at the table. No stats on any yet.

Hand #2: I limp with QJs after two ilmp before me. 4 way flop. Flop is pretty solid T85, one of my suit. I call a bet along w/ one other. Turn is a jack. I check-raise after djchong bets and abazoinks calls. djchong is gone but Abazoinks calls. I bet the river(a low card) and win the pot, I am up to $298(from a starting stack of $250) after 2 hands.

Hand #7: 1 limper, I complete with 97s in the SB. I flop an open ender. I bet and get 1 call on the flop, win it on the turn.

HAnd #8: AA. I raise, two call. 766 flop. I bet, both call. Turn 8. I bet both call. River 4. I bet both fold...

I am up $112 after 8 hands and have not had to show down yet.

Hand #10: 88 UTG. I raise, 3 call. Flop comes QQ8. I bet, two call. Turn is a 6. I bet, both fold. Christ.

I didn't have pokertracker on. Now that my stats have loaded, I see that fast111111 has played every one of his first 11 hands. Raised 3 of them, gone to showdown only 3 times and won twice.

Newish lineup 15 hands in.

me. Tisle46Me(just 2 hands), bigjoe (15 hands/33% VP$P), fast111111 (15 hands, 100% VP$P), KarateKid (15 hands, 40% VP$P), kingjack333(6 hands, played 5 of them so far).

Hand #17: 5 way flop with K9 in the big blind. K75 flop. I bet, Tisle raises, everyone calls... 5 to the turn. I check the 2 on the turn, tisle checks it too. We check around, whoops. The river brings a runner runner flush. With 3 to act behind me I decide to check/call here. fast1111 bluffs at it, 3 of us call. my top pair is good. A7 and T7 stayed in, 2nd pair... That is a $113 pot.

In 17 hands I am up $221 at 5/10.

Hand #24: I limp on the button with 64s, 3 way pot. Flop a four flush, AJJ flop. checked to me, I bet, my pot.

After 28 hands fast111111 is down to 86% VP$P

This is a beautiful table. VP$Ps are, starting to my left: 53%, 32%, 86%, 43%, 54%

I resist the temptation to limp with A3o even on the button.

Hand #31: I open raise in the cutoff with 76s, only fast111111 calls. He folds when I bet the flop. I think I hit a pair or something, its really irrelevant.

Hand #33: free four way flop with J7. Flop is jack high. I bet, onyl tisle calls. Turn is another jack. I bet/he folds.

this time I resist the temptation to limp A5o even on the button.

Hand #39: I raise AJ in the SB after karatekid limps. BB folds. Flop AK9, I bet, KK calls. Turn he calls again, river he folds. River brought a flush(after 2 spades on the flop).

I have now doubled up in 30 minutes/39 hands.

New guy, viper18111 joins to my right, replacing the way too loose kingjack3333. BigJoe looks to be solid, 27 VP$P/14 PFR, while karatekid is at least reasonable at 35% VP$P.

Hand #44: fast1111 raises, I call with AT. A44 flop. We check the flop(I was going to check'call then CR the turn, he didn't bet). Then I bet the turn/he called, I bet the river/he raises/I call. He has A4o. for the win.

Hand #45: I open-raise A5o in the SB, tisle calls. He raises me on the flop when I miss so I fold.

sitting at $464 after those two losses(up $214)

Hand #48: I make a loose and bad open limp with Q9s. Fast raises, karate kid calls. I call and fold the flop when it misses. Settle down, radii.

Hand #50: karatekid open-raises on the button. I re-raise out of the BB with KQo. Flop comes T9x. I bet/he calls. Turn is my inside straight (a jack). I bet/he calls. River is a blank, I bet/he calls. I have the nuts, he has AJ for top pair. I win an $80 pot. Back to $492.

Hand #55: I open-raise ATs UTG. bigjoe calls. Flop is queen high and misses totally. I bet/he calls. I fire again on the turn and he folds.

Hand #56: I have 82s in the BB. fast raises and I defend my blind w/ a call(bad move against a guy who is such a maniac pre-flop). I call a bet on the flop on an JT9 board. I fold the turn though.

Table lineup after 56 hands:

tisle: 45 hands/42% VP$P/2% PFR
bigjoe: 58 hands/31% VP$P/12% PFR
fast11111: 58 hands/81% VP$P/33% PFR
karatekid: 58 hands/40% VP$P/14% PFR
viper18111: 16 hands/25% VP$P/0% PFR

btw, if anyone is looking for a friends list entry, there are 7 1's at the end of the name:

fast1111111

Hand #59: I open-raise KTs in the cutoff. fast calls. T69 flop. I bet/he calls. 8 turn. makes a flush. I bet/he calls. 7 river. straight on the board :P He bets/I call. I split the pot with his 84o.

Hand #62: tisle calls, bigjoe raises, I re-raise out of the BB with KK. both call. T76 flop. I bet/tisle raises, bigjoe folds. I re-raise, tisle calls. 6 turn. I bet/he calls. I put him on AT at this point, unless he slowplays TT. 9 river. I bet/he has autoraise on. He has 88. Fucker. That is a stinging $135 pot.

I'm at $434 after that.

Hand #65: I raise Q9s in the cutoff(open raise of course). fast calls in the BB. I flop 2 pair, I bet/he folds. I'm really hitting good tonight... understatement of the year, huh?

Hand #68: fast raises, viper calls, and I call out of the BB with 54s. I flop bottom pair, T65 flop. fast bets and we both call. turn is a 9, checked around. river another ten, checked around. viper had AJ and fast had K4, my $40 pot.

Hand #70: I wanted to play QJs on the button but karatekid raised for only the 2nd time in 57 hands, I step out of the way. He Had AT to open raise UTG there, either he's bored or he's been crazy card dead or something, weird raise for someone so passive preflop.

Hand #73: I open raise TT UTG. Only viper18111 calls. I bet the J97 flop and win the pot.

Playerview just went apeshit on me, the numbers are giant and covering the screen. I haven't seen that before.

A restart has me back to normal.

everyone but fast1111111 is under 40% VP$P now, tightening up just a little. Fast just got a lot of action w/ AK though and has over $350 at the table.

Hand #79: I have AK in the big blind. fast limps on the button, I raise, he calls. I bet/he folds on the flop.

after posting my SB I have exactly $500 and I decide to call it a night.

1 hour, 80 hands, 25 BB, or $250 won.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote