View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 01:41 PM   #58
dixieflatline
High School Varsity

So I have a few question now that I am playing these 6max tables. Feel free to just ignore them or answer one or whatever.

Quote:
Hand #30: Free 4 way flop with KTo.
Hand #35: Free four way flop with AJ.

I have been toning down the raising out of the BB after a lot of limpers. All it seems to do is bloat the pot and reduce my post flop advantage. I probably still would be raising AJo but ATo is about the point where I just check. What hands are you raising with out of the BB when 4+ people limp?

Quote:
Hand #1: 97o, BB. Free flop w/ only the SB, I flop 2nd pair, T92, two hearts. Mirage_USMC bets, I raise, he calls. Turn brings a flush, and an ace. We both check. I check/call the river, and see 52s for the flush.

Depending on the pot size and number of players left to act I have been laying down hands like this on the flop. Even if you are ahead with the two flush, potential straight, and potential overcards you are going to get drawn out on a lot. Clearly though it's a raise or fold situation and I really like the turn check. You certainly saved a bet there.

Quote:
this time I resist the temptation to limp A5o even on the button.
Yeah Axo seems worth an open-raise on the button or maybe the cutoff but otherwise you just have to fold this. I didn't realize this right away and these hands are my biggest loser right now.

Quote:
I bet/he has autoraise on.
How good of a tell do you think this is? Several players I have run into have autocall on when they are on a draw which also seems pretty reliable.

I am up to 1K hands(5+ players) now so while still a small sample enough to draw some general conclusions. You weren't kidding about high variance at these tables. I am down exactly 1/2 a BB overall but have been up and down a lot to get there. My big pocket pairs are just barely making money so hopefully I am on the right track. AK is my biggest winner and Axo is my biggest loser but hopefully I have that leak taken care off.

Quote:
After having given in to the whim of playing a pokerstars qualifier(spent $39, qualified for the Sunday $200+$15 300k guarenteed tourney, I may not play in that for a few weeks though, I'm saving my T$215 there, we have plans this sunday)... anyway, I sit at a 5/10 6 max table for a bit.

Nice. Good luck in that tourney. Hopefully you can increase the bankroll even more with a nice showing.
dixieflatline is offline   Reply With Quote