View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 02:33 PM   #59
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixieflatline
I have been toning down the raising out of the BB after a lot of limpers. All it seems to do is bloat the pot and reduce my post flop advantage. I probably still would be raising AJo but ATo is about the point where I just check. What hands are you raising with out of the BB when 4+ people limp?

I might raise AJs, I'd certainly raise AQo and up, and probably TT and up no matter how many limpers. Whether I would raise any other hands will depend on my table image and whether or not my opponents have shown they'll fold post flop. Also most of the time everyone will call, so you have to be ready to fold post flop if you miss. Raising out of the blinds is probably a weakness of mine, and probably where my PFR is a bit low compared to what most people list as optimal.

Quote:
Depending on the pot size and number of players left to act I have been laying down hands like this on the flop. Even if you are ahead with the two flush, potential straight, and potential overcards you are going to get drawn out on a lot. Clearly though it's a raise or fold situation and I really like the turn check. You certainly saved a bet there.

yeah, I played this one agressively on the flop b/c I was heads up vs a limping small blind. A lot of guys will open-limp in the SB and bet out on any flop, if I catch at all I'm playing back at him.

Quote:
Yeah Axo seems worth an open-raise on the button or maybe the cutoff but otherwise you just have to fold this. I didn't realize this right away and these hands are my biggest loser right now.

Another player dependant thing of course, but I won't open-raise Ace-little even on the button against guys that defend their blinds too heavily.

Quote:
How good of a tell do you think this is? Several players I have run into have autocall on when they are on a draw which also seems pretty reliable.

(referring to the auto-raise button). I don't know, I try not to act on those kinds of things too often, and I haven't seen it enough at 5/10 to really make a judgement on it

Quote:
I am up to 1K hands(5+ players) now so while still a small sample enough to draw some general conclusions. You weren't kidding about high variance at these tables. I am down exactly 1/2 a BB overall but have been up and down a lot to get there. My big pocket pairs are just barely making money so hopefully I am on the right track. AK is my biggest winner and Axo is my biggest loser but hopefully I have that leak taken care off.

it's hard to tell early on if your PT stats are telling you anything. After just 1000 hands if you took a hit with AA it could be your biggest loser.

The variance is insane, when you find good tables with 2 or 3 fish, and push them hard when you've got the goods you make a killing more often than not but on a bad streak you can drop a buyin real damn fast.

These past few nights when I've posted I've had sessions where I've lost $200 followed immediately by $250 winning sessions... it's crazy, and you definitely need a good bankroll and a good head on your shoulders to support it, but damn it is profitable too

Quote:
Nice. Good luck in that tourney. Hopefully you can increase the bankroll even more with a nice showing.

thanks The winner in yesterday's won $100,000. I like the idea of doing this a lot, if I can get into a $215 entry tourney for $50 or so, I feel pretty good about it. If I just barely cash I should make $300 or more, and of course the real goal is to go deep into the money for a very large profit. I'm a ton better at tourneys than I was last year when I was trying to do this, I am curious to see how consistantly I can win my way into these $215 things, and how I'll fare in them.

I probably won't get to play this one til May 15th or May 22nd.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote