View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 11:33 AM   #70
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixieflatline
Thanks for doing this Radii. Just a quick question here. Did you overbet the pot here trying to isolate one opponent and get into a coin flip? Is this part of the strategy of getting a lot of chips early or rebuying?

I wouldn't do that every time in that situation with a pocket pair like pocket 7s. Its a combination of a few factors. Mainly, if I'm going ot play, I don't want to have to play post flop, and if I call this 140, there's a damn good chance someone behind me is going all in. So if I'm playing, there's a caller, a nice raise and a caller of that raise already in front of me. There's enough in the pot that it helps me a little bit if they all fold, which does happen sometime. And people are crazy enough in the first hour to call me with all sorts of hands, I'm probably a coin flip at best though I A-little and lower pocket pairs could easil call as well.

There's nothing wrong with calling and hoping to flop a set really, and if it was a smaller raise I would have done that. But once the pot gets to anywhere near a decent size there's a very high likelyhood that someone behind is goign to go all in just for the hell of it. This hand I decided I wanted to be the moron going all in for the hell of it

If the raise was smaller, I call. If I'm not willing to rebuy another time and am not in the mood to be psycho agressive with any decent hands to try to build a big stack before the break, I might just fold this. But at this point with that many chips in the pot I basically said "fuck it, lets gamble"
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote