View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 12:31 AM   #58
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

11.22 -- Ferry Kombo bruised his head in training, and he'll miss about a week and a half, maybe two weeks at the most. This will force us to go with the veteran Ignasius Kasimabin at left-back until he returns.

11.23 @ Persebangga(2-3-1) We're actually tight favorites(4-5) here on the road, a recognition of how well we've been playing. After an iffy start, they've won their last two and have only one defeat so I'm definitely not expecting a cakewalk. Both teams are missing two regulars.

We did well against them last year, posting a win and a draw.

Expert opinion: this match 'has draw written all over it'

2' -- They get a weak header from the corner of the box, right to Ferminus.

12' -- Angled shot from Yogi has far too much angle.

13' -- Muda's clearance is blocked and Rahardian hits an excellent blast from just inside the area, excellent diving save by Ferminus to tip it wide. That's the kind of shot that would be a goal against Setia.

15' -- Yogi is wide from straight on. So far they look a little better than we do, we'll stay in the counter and try to weather the storm.

24' -- Corner kick, Herlan delivers it near post and Muda outjumps everyone there, banging it in easily! 1-0, and our first score on a corner in a long time.

26' -- Sutanto has a seat at midfield after hurting something on a header. Doesn't look serious but I get Bayhaqi in there anyway as we are already in the lead.

29' -- Arif open no more than ten yards out near the corner of the box, and he just sends it into orbit well high. We got lucky there, but are controlling the game much better overall. I risk a little more aggression.

32' -- Decent angled look for Herlan goes high.

33' -- Herlan to Ewangin open in the area, that one was a high bouncer and it took too long for him to control it, a better feed and it was a clear shot. They block it out for a corner, and defend it easily.

35' -- Yogi feeds Bayhaqi into the area, had the right angle but it just sailed on him.

40' -- Two-man game with Yogi and Saragih on the right, Yogi tries one and they just manage to tip it over. The corner goes to Muda again, his header is blocked but comes off to Prasetyo, who has an open net with Ibrahim still on the ground. He doesn't miss, and it's 2-0!

HT -- We're up two and Yogi's having an off day. I put in Oropka for him to work on keeping his conditioning up.

46' -- Oropka gets it ahead to Bayhaqi, they trip him just outside the area and earn themselves a yellow. Yarangga lines it up and goes cross-angle, which Ibrahim was expecting and it's tipped away nicely. Nothing doing on the corner kick.

We spend the next several minutes on their end, getting nothing for our troubles.

54' -- Wahyu's blast from 25 is deflected off Prasetyo ... and in! A fluke goal cuts our lead to 2-1, and he's now scored for both teams. I switch to counter, not wanting to risk losing our lead.

56' -- Good freekick chance for Bayhaqi, well right of the goal.

61' -- They've switched to a 4-2-4, going for the equalizer clearly. A nice retrieval by Ewangin nets a volley attempt for Herlan ... well high.

66' -- Saragih crosses, Oropka's there with a header but it was behind him and he can't get it on target.

73' -- Ewangin crosses, Bayhaqi gets there but a nice by Ibrahim on his soft header. Tried to sneak it in short-side but he was right on it.

75' -- A two-man game catches Kasipmabin too far upfield, Muda isn't fast enough to keep up and Karim has a gimme from five yards, banging it in to tie the score at 2-all! Ningmabin on for Herlan as our last sub and we'll go with a balanced approach again to give us chances to regain the lead, I hope.

77' -- Wow. Oropka will have none of it with a 20+-yard floater that's just under the bar, and Ibrahim can't reach it! We're back on top 3-2, switching back to counter. That was one heck of a shot by a guy that almost never gets on the pitch.

83' -- They get a corner, and Muda clears.

85' -- Chaos on the edge of the box, they are called for a foul and Bayhaqi takes the free kick. Wide and a bit high.

94' -- Saragih is caught upfield, Karim drops in behind him and puts a tight-angle shot just inside the near post. We were literally seconds away from this one being over.

FT -- That's it and that's all. Persebangga are never boring. We have 55% possession, outshoot them 20-6, and end up with a 3-3 draw. For the second time this year, we give up an injury-time equalizer. Mark my words, that's going to cost us.

Errors by Saragih and Kasipmabin in defense, and of course the fluke one off Prasetyo cost us. We still should have won, we dominated most of this match.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote