View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 12:03 AM   #75
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

FEBRUARY

Twas a banner month, four league wins, a loss and a draw in the Indonesian cup with a close aggregate loss against a Premier side, all with injuries clouding the picture. Couldn't have asked for more, that's certain. And now we get two weeks to try to get healthy as the schedule relaxes.

STANDINGS

Persibom(35 pts, +19)
Persigubin(32 pts, +20)

Perssin(28 pts, +13)
Persisko(26 pts, +10)
PSKT(26 pts, --)
Persipon(23 pts, +3)
Persebangga(20 pts, +6)
Jakarta Timur(19 pts, -3)
Persip(14 pts, -13)
Yahukimo(11 pts, -15)
Persenga(7 pts, -18)
Persemalra(6 pts, -22)

It's looking like a two-horse race for the relegation spot as Persemalra tries to catch Persenga. I'd like to see Persemalra stay up. As for us, the second qualifying spot is now ours to lose. 4 points up with 7 matches to go, we're getting healthy again and have a fairly massive edge in goal differential on the rest of the field. We've only got two fixtures this month, the first of which is a televised visit to 4th-place Persisko that is fairly crucial. The other should be our last easy one, as we get Persemalra at home. Everybody after that is mid-table or better.

TRAINING

Positives: Adie(Fitness), Herlan(Tactics), Bayhaqi(Fitness)
Negatives: Ferminus(GK Handling), Kasipmabin(Fitness), Ningmabin(Fitness)

Ferminus didn't have any kind of a month training-wise inasmuch as he was injured, and the other two negatives I don't care about as they are gone at the end of the year. So three up and three down, but still a good month.

I've been named First Division coach of the month!

And still no new contract. I'm really annoyed by this. The board says they are 'delighted' with my leadership, and label my job as 'Very Secure'. Well, there's nothing secure, very or otherwhise, about a month-to-month deal ... but if do manage to push on for promotion, I'll be in a much better negotiating position. I decide to pick my battles and focus on finishing strong for now.

They still haven't completely forgotten last year but it's not a big factor. They've labeled our performance in the First Division 'fantastic', and mild disappointment over the loss of Uropmabin over the offseason is the biggest factor. I'd love to see what he'd be doing here(though it would mean we wouldn't have Bayhaqi, and given his potential it really probably was for the best).

Financially, it was another 303M down the drain.

Injury-wise, we have Ferminus back now and will have a couple of friendlies before our next match to get him totally ready. We're expecting Sutanto to be back, possibly with a friendly under his belt, but Ewangin will probably miss one more game. Still, we'll be almost completely healthy again.
Brian Swartz is online now   Reply With Quote