View Single Post
Old 07-19-2014, 05:48 AM   #98
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

10.12 -- It's official: Persigubin are under new ownership. Dutch businessman Jonathan Klijn heads the group taking over: he's in effect my new boss. There are rumors that this means I'm gone soon: the [i]Indonesian Soccer Review[/b] is reporting Klijn wants to replace me with Dadang Cahyat, who has been head coach at Persikab('10-'12) and more recently with Persikad last year.

In my meeting, Klijn tells me that the financial bottom line of the club is his top concern, a 5.67B loan had to be taken out as part of the takeover. He says he was intending to replace me but is willing to consider letting me keep my job(I'm assuming our recent win didn't hurt), and will let me know soon what his decision is.

So for now, I have the sword of Damocles hanging over my head despite the recent successes.

PSIR make a bid for Sutanto, total value of which is 237M. That would make it the largest transfer fee they've ever paid. My answer is still no, though it's starting to get tempting. If the offers for him get much higher, I may have to reconsider.

10.13 -- Akbar is back for training. Indonesia suffered a damaging 2-0 defeat to Kuwait, and are now up against it in the Asian Qualifying Group.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote