View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 11:43 PM   #157
Groundhog
Coordinator

It’s been months, so here’s a quick update:

Life and holidays got in the way for the most part since my last updates, but over the past three weeks I’ve picked this up again and got quite a bit done. One of the big changes I’ve made is just to focus entirely on the code component, and so I’ve sliced the GUI (PySide) right out at the moment. The main advantage to putting the UI aside is that it was really slowing me down, and my plan is to try and get the core functionality coded before looking at a UI again. If I’m happy with what I’ve coded I may just pay someone else to do it.

I think PySide is great, but I don’t know that I would ever be able to package it in a way that I’d like, and I also think that if I ever wanted to make money from this at some point, it makes sense to focus on the online/browser based component. This is contrary to how I myself like to play, but hey, I have massive CD and DVD collections too. I'm no design expert or anything, but I liked the overall style I came up with with my PySide GUI, and I'd probably want something very similar no matter which way I go. The code as I've been writing it will make it pretty easy to slot any UI framework over the top, so I can worry about this decision later, once I have a functioning simulator!