View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 07:46 PM   #8
BYU 14
Coordinator

2013 Regular Season

Week 7

Minnesota 1-4 at New York Giants 3-3
(Giants favored by 5)
For 3 quarters it is a dog fight and we trail 10-9 (on a missed XP by Walsh) entering the 4th. Then the wheels come off as Eli Manning hits Brandon Myers with a pair of TD passes. One comes after a 97 yard drive and the other after a Cassel pick gives them the ball at our 6. Peterson's 130 yards on 26 carries are wasted as Cassel nails his own door shut with his 2nd pick of the game in the end zone with 2 minutes to play. Manning keeps our secondary busy, picking on CB Josh Robinson, who makes 11 tackles and has 5 assists, giving up 8 catches.
Final: New York 24 Minnesota 12

Week 8

Green Bay 5-1 at Minnesota 1-5
(Packers favored by 8)
Eight point home dogs tell you bad it is getting and we don't disappoint, falling behind 21-3, before a 4th quarter rally makes it look closer than it is. The epitome of our ineptitude comes when we intercept Rodgers on each of Green Bays first two drives and do nothing with it, fumbling the ball back after the second pick in Packer territory. Once again Peterson does his part with 16 carries for 87 yards, but he isn't going to get the touches needed staring at deficits all the time. To be fair Cassel plays well once he gets rolling clocking in with 27-38, 278, 2 TDs, 0 Ints and Patterson and Simpson each catch 6 balls.
Final: Green Bay 24 Minnesota 18

Kyle Rudolph strains his Achilles again and is out another 2 weeks. Nothing else major, just bumps and bruises. I also get word that DT Letroy Guion, SS Mistral Raymond and LT J'Marcus Webb are upset about PT. Really, Webb is 17/23, be happy you are on an NFL roster...for now.

Just for fun I go looking for my old buddy Ponder, who I now slightly regret letting go. The Eagles picked him up to back up rookie Matt Barkley after we got Foles from them, somewhat ironic.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote