View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 08:27 PM   #299
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
So, after 2 bad experiences with DirecTV installers and customer support, I am looking for a way to move away from the cable/satellite providers. I have a couple of questions that will help this decision.

1. What are the options for the following channels: ESPN, HGTV, USA, TNT, network channels, TBS, kids channels (Disney, Nick Jr, etc)

2. What are the options for a DVR?

3. Any other concerns?

Thanks for the info.

Playstation Vue has all those but Nick, and maybe the big 4 networks. But if you live within 50 miles of towers, a cheap antenna can get you those. Vue has a 30 day DVR, but a lot of the individual streaming channel apps have some older episodes. Plus we only pay $35 a month.

Honestly, we don't watch nearly as much TV since we jumped from cable/satellite. Pretty much all we watch live are sports and award shows. We've dropped 99% of the shows we watched due to apathy. It works fine for my daughter using Disney apps and Netflix.

I'd say use apps instead of the Vue app. For some reason, Vue drops the stream more often than say Fox Sports or ESPN apps. The resolution also seems slightly better.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote