View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 02:38 PM   #371
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

DRAFTING TIME IS HERE Again and with first round picks.

The 2030 NFL Amateur Draft

The Cowboys begin the draft by taking the top QB off the board. The rest of the Top Ten is DT,QB, DE, QB, WR< ILB< RB, WR and DT

So ,um wow. Could I get a great DE/DT at 1.19? With just three off the board, that looks possible. Surely all four won’t go in the next 8 picks, right? Right?

OG
WR
TE
DT
DE
RB
DT
OT

And that leaves me at 1.19 with….two of the top DE on the board.

Eric Kirkland – 89 volatility, 2 red combines in strength and agility, blue in broad jump and IQ test, came back as as scouted, 16% developed fits in.

Jordan Rogers – 83 volatility, no combine scores, 26 on IQ test, came back underrated, 31% developed. Fits in

So that’s the gamble. Here’s why I like Rodgers – more developed so I can start him now. Better impression – underrated vs as scouted.

Both are not only the top two DE on the board, but according to the adjusted score, the top two players, either is fine. I want to draft Rodgers, but Kirkland is perfectly fine.

So here’s my question – can I trade back and still do so? I’ve done this before with a player that ai liked but when there were other good folks there, I simply traded back.

I offer the Bills, at 1.23 a chance to trade up. According to the trade draft point system, they have 760 points and we have 875 – a different if 115. So I can get around 100 in value for the trade and it would still be in the Bills favor and they would likely make that move. The Bills have 3.23, that’s worth 155. I could offer the Bills a 40 point (ish) pick to grab their 3rd. Actually, what about a future 3rd instead? I offer them the 1/19 for their future 3rd next year, but no dice.

Instead, I look a future 4th and how about two? Their 4th in 3031 and 3032? Nah, okay instead I just move with the 1.22 Bucs for a 7th in 2031 and a 4th in 2032.

Tampa grabs Kirkland, and then…OLB and ILB.

I draft Rodgers at 1.22

See you folks in the 3rd round!

Positions of need for us: RB, C, OG, OT, TE, DE, DT, LBx2, CB, S

1.22 DE Jordan Rodgers, Arizona
3.17 DT Grayson Clark, UCLA
4.19 CB Monty Glenn, Nevada
4.21 C Billy Patton, Kansas State
5.18 LT Harrison Bridges, Oregon State
6.17 FS Malachi McKnight, Texas Tech

That gives us solid depth. I don’t think I have a solid starter, other than Rodgers in there, but we’ll see I guess.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote