View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 08:28 PM   #220
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I understand the impulse to vote Swaggs - and it might even work out to our advantage (obviously only the Cutthroats have this knowledge right now) - but the more people that endorse this idea, the more nervous I get about the fact that he is Patsy #1 for this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Yeah, I know that feeling. But the problem is that the idea makes too much sense. The vote that strikes me as the worst is Lathum's hit and run that started the landslide, but after what you've said then who the heck knows what that means. Probably nothing, but it's a data point at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
For the record, I didn't see Lathum's post when I voted. Also, I don't think Lathum can really be blamed for starting the landslide. I think this is just a result of everyone waiting for a while to see if Swaggs would show up.

For what it is worth, I found these to be the most interesting quotes of the day so far.

1.) Tyrith suggests that Lathum was responsible for starting the runaway on Swaggs
2.) Pass suggests that Lathum isn't responsible

This doesn't mean much if Swaggs does end up as a Cutthroat. But if he is a member of the Rich, then my suspicious mind is starting to try and figure out if there is some meaning here.

- very, very unlikely that Tyrith and Lathum are both members of the Cutthroats
- what motivation would Pass have for semi-defending Lathum? Genuine concern about what he sees as misguided thought process? Or something more sinister - Cutthroat providing cover for Cutthroat? I saw this sort of thing pretty frequently last game when Pass was a member of "Team Cougar".

Absent better information, I think that is where I would want to look tomorrow. It is also where I would point someone if they win the "Seer" service and are looking for suggestions.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote