View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 02:20 PM   #61
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Just catching up on this discussion, and I just voted for the game on Steam. Good luck!

Coming from the perspective of someone who has kids and a full-time job, I can't say enough how much I've come to appreciate games that are on Steam. I balk at buying non-Steam games, mainly due to ease-of-use factors and partly due to lower prices.

It seems to me that the Greenlight element of Steam has made it more feasible and accepted for niche/Indie developers to publish on the platform. There also seems to be a greater acceptance of niche games on the platform from the gamer perspective. That just might be my skewed viewpoint, but there are more and more examples of nice developers moving their games to Steam. For example, Slitherine is starting to move their Matrix titles to Steam. There are more simulation/sports management titles on the platform now than there were previously.

I didn't see it mentioned in the discussion, but if FOF7 does get greenlit, I'd recommend exploring the benefits of adding Steam Trading Cards and Steam Achievements. I don't know the details of how they work on Steam from a publisher perspective, but I think they're worthwhile for two reasons. Many gamers are badge/achievement gamers, and those features influence buying decisions.

Not having Steam Trading Cards and Achievements gives me the impression that the game is old and/or not supported currently. Having both of these gives me the impression that the developer is all in with their Steam deployment. If I were to pick one of the two, I'd say Achievements are the more important feature.

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 03-22-2014 at 02:21 PM.