View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 03:29 PM   #917
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The late day shooting of MartinD has the village scrambling.

Everyone, Hunters and Dukes alike, gather in the town square, yelling at each other and accusing nearly everyone else of horrible crimes. You would have thought oil profiteers were hiding behind every door and in every gator pool.

Many villagers leaped to hold EagleFan, the erstwhile killer of MartinD. EagleFan seems apologetic, saying he thought MartinD was an oil profiteer. That did little to mollify his accusers.

But then others stood up for EagleFan, saying he would not do this without good cause. He is not innocent, just wrong! they say.

So attention turns to the one everyone looked at from the start. The one most sure of herself. The loudest. The most opinionated.

The villagers leap upon fontisian and hold her fast, preparing to introduce her to a gator's sharp jaws.

"No! She is not an oil profiteer!" Shoveler cries out. "Don't make this mistake! Fontisian may irritate you all with her confidence and no holds barred approach, but she is on our side!"

The villagers, as always so easily swayed, consider his plea. Voices cry out, "Then who, Shoveler? Who?"

"Him!" Shoveler says, pointing at timmae. timmae roots into place, barely understanding what has happened. A villager steps up before he can start to move and shoots him between the forehead!

timmae falls to the ground, body convulsing. He is shortly dead.

What have we done? the villagers ask themselves. Others kneel down beside his body to search him. In his backpocket, they find some papers.

Pulling them out, the Hunters have never seen papers like these. But the Dukes have. They are stock certificates from British Petroleum!! They are signed over to timmae!!

Timmae was an oil profiteer!!

TIMMAE was a Hunter and the Peacemaker. He was the Cunning Wolf.

SHOVELER is a Duke, and has used his Duke ability.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 04-23-2015 at 03:29 PM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote