View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 07:01 PM   #102
gstelmack
Pro Starter

On the AI bit:

I've turned on AI for my minor leagues, as I've had guys get ticked off that they were stuck in A ball when they improved during the year.

I've had it on for the entire roster one season, but wasn't happy with who it shifted between majors and minors. OTOH, the one big weakness/frustration I'm having with the league right now is OOTP's desire to absolutely crush the careers of guys ages 26-28 for no good reason, and I hate watching that happen while someone else is tearing up AAA, or watching that guy take up a key spot in the rotation while a youngster on the back end can't get pushed up, so I've considered turning it back on for the whole roster. ESPECIALLY now that signings / releases have been fixed to be completely separate from promotions / deletions. We can turn off AI signings / releases (and probably everyone should) while letting the AI do lineups, depth charts, promotions, and demotions. With OOTP's aging model, I don't think it's fair to stop GMs from taking advantage of AI promotions / demotions.

On the season, Boston was 7-3 in its last 10 games, and the 3 losses were against Compton which helped them pull away. Nice to see John MacDonald get us off that schneid and take one from Compton.