View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 09:16 AM   #696
QuikSand
lolzcat

Tight End Update

First, we have extended Arturo Weydahl, who figures to be a top target for the long haul. I wish he had some BPR skills, but we're committed, he's the guy.

Second, last year's misfit toy find is going to be a very solid TE2 for us, I think. Ronald Austin is a guy we can target occasionally, but who will otherwise just crackle with chemistry, and do some scut work. If he were a special teams guy he'd be my favorite player on the team, prolly.

Now, we have added 7th year veteran Kennedy Oliver on a "we'll see" deal. What does he bring to the table? Most of the same stuff as Weydahl. He'd be a TE1 on most of my teams. Here, he's a bubble guy... with no injuries I don't really need a plan B for TE targets. So, low cohesion, solid chemistry, and solid skills that would go unused. We are likely better off just sticking with a guy like Barrett for cheap, at least he'll go out and truck somebody on special teams.

And Wilkerson is just a chemistry chesspiece. I think I now have three such guys on the roster (2/3 group, decent leadership and high personality) so two will presumably be on the final 53 to anchor the happiness factor.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote