View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 08:32 PM   #1136
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
And what about the wanna be cowboys who would make things worse? And what happens when LEO show up and everyone has guns drawn ( the scenario Digamma was referring to earlier), and what about the massive amount of people who THOUGHT they were in danger but really weren't and blew someone away? How anyone could think gun deaths wouldn't go up ten fold is beyond me.

I realize we come from different worlds, I just can not fathom how anyone thinks more guns would improve anything. I have been on this planet 43 years, I have been to every state, several countries, lived in shitty areas and very nice areas. Never once have I felt like I needed a gun in any situation. Maybe I am just lucky.

Please don't interpret it as claiming your stance is wrong, I don't want to come across as disrespectful, it is just a concept I will never understand.

And again i add: This is the way it works everywhere in the developed world. Less guns equal less gun deaths, period. It even works the same way within the US: Less Guns and stricter controll measure lead to less gun violence.* Adding more armed people is not a damned solution to armed people causing themselves and others harm

* https://www.vox.com/2018/11/13/17658...-laws-licenses

And here is why it is insane not to consider this nationally: This does not in fact prevent people from owning guns. 97% of applications get approved. It DOES prevent people from impulse-buying a gun. And as with everything: As soon as you can't "just do it", the human species tends to take the lazy/timid route.

Would people react the same when someone advocated for everybody to carry a machete around ? That's about as outlandish to the average European as regular joe-shmoes carrying around guns outside a firing range, hunting or similar activities.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 11-13-2018 at 08:37 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote