View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 01:48 PM   #11
QuikSand
lolzcat

Draft – we'll start with BPA, target OLB and S, and look for a project QB along the way.

Code:
Pick Pos Name Adj DSSABP Dev Notes AP PreTC PostC 1.08 WR Maurice Cassidy 6.6 !!!!-+ 27% Monster, 7 max bars 4 51/77 2.11 OLB Frankie Preston 5.0 ++ ++ 37% weak coverage, but solid else 2 27/61 3.10 SS Calvin Wiggins 4.5 + -+ 19% big zone and PSpec, Int creep up? 1 15/48 3.27 CB Jason Neufeldt 4.9 -! - 58% big zone guy, move to S? 2 29/51 4.09 C Rondell Gust 4.7 ++! - 29% max run block bar, possible 1 29/61 5.08 CB Robert Prior 4.6 ++- 53% run D, zone, returns 1 20/49 6.11 WR Desmond Briggs 4.6 + ++ 11% solid bars, some ST and KR 0 22/39 7.10 K Sean Strzynski 3.1 + 22% great bars 0 26/61

I was not dying for a WR here, but Cassidy looks really good, and he's an easy addition, likely a future star. Rest are mostly role players, I doubt there's a serious creeper or future impact player here, but I could see our future DB dime package featuring a couple of guys from this draft.

9 AP remaining, and 3 renegs pending. Not much room to breathe.

1 – Sign a FA rookie player to 2 or 3 yr contract (CB Gene Prior)
0 – Sign a FA rookie player to 1yr contract (QB Mel Varney)
0 – Sign a FA rookie player to 1yr contract (LB Teddy Toney)
0 – Sign a FA rookie player to 1yr contract (TE Ronnie Feldman)

Plus, we have a veteran holdout, so we spend 2 more AP to work things out with WR Easley.

2 – Sign current player to his requested renegotiation (WR Marcus Easley)
2 – Sign current player to his requested renegotiation (TE Shawn Nelson)
2 – Sign current player to his requested renegotiation (S Jairus Byrd)

This leaves me with 2 AP, and one more guy I want to renegotiate... but it would cost 3 AP to give him his requested deal. And now by virtue of these last renegotiations, I am over my 25% cap limit as well. Awesome. I figure things out, and the best avenue is to cut my way back under the 25% level – so DE Marcus Stroud is gone. So, with our remaining 2 AP, my plan now is just to sign one more multi-year rookie, and to carry 58 into training camp again.

1 – Sign a FA rookie player to 2 or 3 yr contract (CB Randall Perez)
1 – Carry up to 60 players into training camp (58)

I'll spare you the full tracker report, and instead share the highlights:

Code:
Top Ten Most Likely Busts: Name Team Pos Change Scott, Bryan Buffalo SS -9 Paxton, Lonie Buffalo C -7 Stryzinski, Sean Buffalo K -7 Parrish, Roscoe Buffalo FL -6 Neufeldt, Jason Buffalo LCB -6 Prior, Gene Buffalo LCB -6 Evans, Lee Buffalo FL -5 Perez, Randal Buffalo SS -5 Youboty, Ashton Buffalo LCB -5 Feldman, Ronnie Buffalo TE -4 Top Ten Most Likely Breakouts: Name Team Pos Change Ruth, Leroy Buffalo RT 3 Yanda, Marshal Buffalo LG 3 Wood, Eric Buffalo RG 3 Wiggins, Calvin Buffalo FS 2 Spiller, C.J. Buffalo RB 2 Hargrove, Anthony Buffalo RDT 1 Fitzpatrick, Ryan Buffalo QB 1 Byrd, Jairus Buffalo FS 1 Sims, Rob Buffalo LG 1 Tobar, Brent Buffalo MLB 0

No major surprises, I suppose – more veteran dropoff, and some modest gains among the youngsters. Even with a rookie moving in to start at C, I think I like the looks of our OL better and better, especially with a legitimate anchor player in Marshal Yanda.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote