View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 09:22 PM   #275
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

I wasn't content making the playoffs every year with role players so I decided to gut my team and make a free agency splash. One problem. The three guys I got turned out to be the equivalent of Vin Baker, Allan Houston and Stephen Marbury. Somehow I think the highest pass rating on my team was a 6. And I definitely paid the price for it.

I was stuck in salary cap hell for four years as my perennial playoff team vied for the lottery every year. And for some strange reason, I loved every minute of it.

The game never fails to impress and surprise me. I have been playing the college version for the past ten years or so and you would think I would know the game well enough not to get completely burned like this. I think the major flaw in my thinking is in the college game I am used to ratings always getting better. In the pro game, players eventually get worse. You would think this would be obvious, but I had some players decline earlier than expected and it really threw my team off. There is nothing worse than completing the offseason and seeing your top player turn from blue to green. I also think the training is harder in this game than in the college game. You are given less points so there are some tough choices to be made on what to have your players concentrate on.

The free agents are gone. The young draft picks are developing. I am back in the playoffs. Lets see if I can win this thing .
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding is offline   Reply With Quote