View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 09:42 AM   #294
whomario
Pro Starter

can anybody explain the mechanics of how the ABA is handled by the game ? Are the players coming from the historical DB and then are filled up with fictional players ? Is it all fictional to start ? How do the 2 leagues interact ? What setup should you choose when, say, starting in 1960 ?

It seems starting in 1960 and then vaing the ABA added results in a ton of amazing players added for that league.

Also, how do (as an example) the very low 3pt ratings of NBA players from the 60s impact the game engine ? Or how the game rates them ? (in 2012 a PG with a 0 for 3pt shooting will not be looked upon favourably when teams sign players f.e., how is it in the 60s ?). Is it just not taken into acount at all ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
I kind of got that impression too and that's what I was testing when I noticed that top Syracuse recruit going undrafted. I had a hard time drawing any conclusions, so didn't post anything. One thing I wanted to ask is whether players in FBCB have birthdates or are merely given an age. There are birthdates in FBB, so I was wondering if players were having a birthdate generated for them when they hit the pro game and maybe that was causing some issues.

they donīt seem to have one, but when editing a league they do have an age displayed (in game all you see is if they are a freshmen, soph, jun or sen.)
The ages do seem to track, only that itīs that 1 year too high on average, it seems.

a couple issues when playing historically: players donīt play the heavy minutes they used to and thereīs too many tall, good players that the game creates on itīs own (for the ABA ?)
Wilt for example averages around 30 MPG due to heavy, heavy foul trouble. Maybe a fouls modifier ? The "fouling" rating might be an issue here. Question: Is high good for avoiding fouls or does it signify a high tendency to foul ?

also, is there any chance for blocked shots not being counted as a stat ?

as an aside, the 1970 Miami Floridians average 130 points, had a 72-12 season, 2 guys combining for 54 ppg, 18 apg and 9 made 3s on 50%. Talk about entertaining
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 04-14-2013 at 09:54 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote