View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 09:53 PM   #391
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

July 24, 2013
An odd (and unintentionally scheduled) double-header with friendlies for both our reserves and our U18s.

Our Reserves were heavily favored over Whickham but rather slept walked through the first 30 mins. Bennett hit a 30 yard lob to put us in front 1-0 at 35'. Bennett got the assist on our second goal with a nice cross into the middle for Janneh at 44'. Chinthengah hit a 25 yarder at 54'. They got one back off a rebound at 59' and that cued us to make some subs. Paratore got a goal just minutes after coming on, pouncing on a loose ball at 86' to make it 4-1. In the end we got outshot 12-8, had considerably less possession (44%) but made our shots count against a lesser club. Janneh (8.2, MOM) and Bennett (8.2) were exceptional.

Our U18s went on the road to play Esh Winning. McKeever put us up 1-0 tapping in a rebound off a corner at 9'. They tie it up with a nice 1-2 play at 40'. Our first half featured some of the worst passing I've ever seen, maybe the worst (33% at 30'). We try to tighten up some things at the break. Goodall rolled one in from long range to put us back up 2-1 at 55'. Sheppard put on the icing with a rebound goal at 84', after Goodall came close to scoring himself. We come away with a 3-1 win, outshooting them 17-12.