View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 11:43 PM   #392
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

July 26, 2013

Benjamin Wignall agrees to terms on a youth contract.
----

Another friendly, this time at home against lower division side Knaphill. We'll be in Attacking 4-4-2 (really a 4-1-3-2)

They pick up a red card at 19' when the last defender took down Clarke-Harris about 30 yards out. It hasn't done us much good thus far, scoreless at halftime which isn't what we should be doing here. Sub Whitaker (for Musungu 6.4)

57' - Sub Purvis (for Brown, knocked), Dombaxe (for Christian)
58 - Cofie gets stoned by the keeper, Bembo-Leta missed the rebound in embarrasingly wide fashion
68' - Sub Whiteley (for Bembo-Leta), Chinthengah (for Cofie, knocked), Antwi (for Daly)
69:12 - Whiteley banks one off the underside of the bar after a centering pass from Groves (1-0)
79:30 - Chinthengah does it mostly by himself with a nifty dribble move & a shot into the left corner (2-0)
85' - Chinthengah hits the post with a quick shot from the area
92' - Groves with a total fluke on a cross from 35 yards out, it banks in off the far post (3-0)
Fulltime Blyth 3 - Knaphill 0 friendly
That wasn't really pretty, and several players are mad that I didn't kiss their asses for playing about 25 minutes to beat an inferior side that was a man short. Groves cooled down after I praised him individually, he deserved it (MOM 9.0) but overall I'm not very jacked. We managed 15 shots to their 7 but they were a man down for nearly the whole match, we should have done even more.