View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 01:44 PM   #321
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
I use MapMyRide rather than Strava, but hope you don't mind me posting! I prefer to cycle rather than running, but have to run to build up leg strength after snapping Achilles last year.

I have been running along the canal, so very flat - decided i ought to try a bit of uphill too, so mapped out two variations of a 5 mile run along similar routes this morning. En route however i seem to have mixed the two together, and ended up running nearly six miles (I've only done 5 miles three times before, so it was a bit of a shock when I was still running after 40 minutes!)

Fortunately the last mile was downhill, but I was pleasantly surprised how I feel afterwards. Hopefully i will feel the same tomorrow! Now kinda wishing I'd gotten more confused, as I was only a couple of hundred metres off 10k by the looks of it...

I did that one day, ended up making my long run 11 miles because I got lost in a neighborhood in Worcester once.. woops

I was just telling someone else earlier today that even though you use mapmyride, there are 3rd party tools that can let you export mapmyride rides to TCX files that you can then upload into strava if you wanted to join the group there (We have a few bikers as well as the runners here). Or it is even easier to use strava and then download the GPX file that you can then upload to mapmyride (even though I find Strava far superior for biking personally). Or if you just want to stay there, feel free to friend me on mapmyride, most of my biking/running co-workers use that so I usually upload all of my data there too

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote