View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 03:47 PM   #345
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post

Running is much more of a pain in the ass to me for many reasons. 1) More physical. More importantly, 2) no where to keep all of my possessions. Had to abandon my ipod, as I can't have it bouncing around, plus, my earbuds kept falling out. Ended up taking my house key off of my keychain, but then it kept flying out of my pocket, so I had to tape it to my arm (that looked kewl). No place for my wallet, either, so I just took my ID/debit out and put that in my pocket. Not to mention my phone that's keeping track of all of this had to bounce around in my shorts. With a bike, all those things are easily contained in a case in the front.

It might be slightly skewed as I was getting hosed on the intersection crosswalks. How do you all account for those? Do you pull your phone out and pause the timer? EDIT: Ok, I see upon my results it says my moving time was 27:04... that's pretty cool that it adjusts like that.

Yes, most apps have moving time and it will auto-pause internally if you stop long enough at a cross walk. Not a big deal when I go for easy runs, when I do intervals or tempo runs (more of a speed run where time is important), I just try to run places without crosswalks such as bike trails or tracks.

For how to manage the stuff, I generally will take my house key , ID and Credit card and stuff them with my iphone in my iphone arm band if I am listening to music when I run. If I am running without music/phone I don't carry my arm band and instead I just tuck my key inside of my running hat that I wear on my head. I know other people will tie their key to their shoe lace. For headphones, I ended up getting over the ear phones so they don't fall out of my ears anymore. Some people get bugged by having headphones over their ears though. I can't stand having things in my pocket though..

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote