View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 07:33 PM   #122
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Talk me through this, I'm not sure I'm on the same page as to how useful it is

The one thing that is going to absolutely suck obviously is if we hit the seer with this

Best outcome is we hit the brutal who is the wolf captain. Hitting the neutral is probably useful to both teams.

Other than that, you are revealing a role without knowing their alignment which seems to have limited value. Although that being said, we probably can determine something from whether that player stays alive past day 2 or not, at least if it's a wolf harmful role. What else am I missing?

I think in almost any situation, more information is good for the village. I particularly think since roles are not associated with alignment in this ruleset. If, as seems possible, everyone has a role in this game, then nailing down anybody will help whittle down false reveals. It will also mean we can force someone to prove alignment by using their role. Given that even the "seer" role is sometimes wrong, in my interpretation, even they are only partially useful, and mostly useful only if we can confirm their role. That's my thinking.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote