View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 10:42 AM   #40
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Next up!

Ubbo-Sathla, by Clark Ashton Smith

At a whopping six pages, this is hardly a major task to read. It’s very easy to read through in just a few short moments.

This is a very important work by CAS for the Mythos. It sets the tone for the introduction of many more entities on the level of Cthulhu, Yog-Sothoth, Shub-Niggurath, Tsathoggua, and more. Many other writers would add their own major powers to the list in Gen 1 and Gen 2. Once we had enough, most later writers would tell additional tales about these rather than getting involved in creating more. As each generation progressed, the number of stories being written increased significantly. Even if I created a creature in my story called Spjeuaoct in 1960, the likelihood that anyone would read it and consider it good enough to add to their stories was very low. We have what Gens 1 and 2 (and to some degree 0) gave us. This is a direct addition to the Mythos, and as such, is very interesting.

It was published in 1933. Due to its short length, I will not be taking long to give you a chance to read it before moving on. I'll likely finish it up tomorrow

You can find it here:

Ubbo-Sathla by Clark Ashton Smith

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-16-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote