K Robert Blincoe
DE Cesar Velazquez
MLB Lance Morris
CB Allen Hutchings
FS Myles Clinton
LS Kent Ikuma
QB Peters

I extend Kent a year.

This year in the draft we have the 32nd pick at the tail end of every round plus no other picks save for the 5.31.

I begin by extending the deal of OG Satre and DE Velazquez by a year each. Apparently we may be on year-to-year deals for them from here on out.

MLB Morris was good for me, even last year, but there’s no way the 42/42 guy deserves an extension.

That leaves three problems that I want to do:

I want to sign CB Allen Hutchings to a long deal; extend C Leggin by a few years, and sign OT Matthews.

Now, they are all wanting some serious cash-age.

C Leggin wants to be brought up to 11.6, 13 and 14 mill from 7.7. OT Matthews wants to head to 6 mill and CB Hutchings wants to leap to 9, then 12, 13, 15 and then 17 million at the top end.

There are some interesting FA out there, so I want to check out their prices and such, so I pass the first week of FA by.

The top player In FA is RG Thurman Horton, a 5th year guy from the Texans who wants 58 mill over 4 years and is ranked 78/78. Grabbing him is a great pull. Firstly, when Satre retires, it leaves me a strong OG option. Second, I could let C Leggin go, and sign this guy for my staring roster, and then draft a C (or sign one) and add depth that way.

And if I don’t like the splash the cash on Horton, there are some 51/51 or 52/52 guys that are in eh late 2 mill-3 mill cap range and currently 7 year vets. I can target them

Another option:

CB Tristan Hutton – 7th year vet, 58/58 ability, wants 9, and 12, 12, and 13. 48 mill over 4 years. He is the best D Back in the FA pool. He started every game with the Patriots after being drafted 16 picks in 92 starts. 81 pasdef is nice – last year he had 4 and 18. He had 22 pasdef as a rookie, and then 7, 12, 12, 10, and 18. He’s been an all league CB once. And remember, he’s a 7th year vet at the age of 29.

Meanwhile I can just sign CB Allen Hutchings to a 5 year 68 mill deal. Both have a similar beginning – Allen goes 8/8, and then 12, 13, and then 15 vs 13 for CB an finally has a last year.

Allen has 25 starts and 9 picks in three years. He has just 9 pasdef. You could make a compelling argument that Hutton is a singing worth doing, but Hutchings is younger. And the next highest DBack on the FA list is 45/45. Now I can chase Hutton, and if I lose, then reup Hutchings. That is an option. Or I can just bite the bullet with the guy.

Now, if you want a cheaper Leggin, FA has a 5th year vet center from the Titans who is 56/56. He wants 2 years at 5.44 mill. He’s gotten 31, 31, and 36 KRBs in the last three years as a starter – with 12 sacks allowed. You know he has the goods. In fact, I’d say he’s a great FA bargain. The Titans drafted him in the 6th round – pretty solid deal.

What about LB? I need a WLB and maybe an upgrade at MLB considering Morris’ age. Say hello to the best WLB on the board, Albert Eamigh, a 5th year vet from the Bengals who clocks in at 49/49, and wants 3, 3.7, and 4 mill. We have a 48/48 guy, a 47/47 guy who wants more, a 45/45 guy who wants even more, etc.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote