View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 01:19 AM   #333
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Let’s hit this thang up!

The NFL 2028 Amateur Draft

Miami goes first, doesn’t need QB, and takes RB instead. The Jets take the next choice. The Jets have a 36/36 starting QB on their roster. Probably won’t pass.

I get the Jets GM on the horn.

Theoretically, I might want their 1.2 pick. What might it cost?

I don’t know if FOF uses the draft trade chart or not. Assuming it does,

1.2 is worth 2600 points. 1.26 is worth 700. I need to send them more than 1900 points. Our 2.27 is 310. I could toss in all three 5s, and that would be around 100 more not a lot more points for the picks.

Now I don’t know the exact value. Assume I off my 1st, 2nd, and next year’s 1st. Okay, we have a potential offer –

I trade them my 1nd and 2nd round picks this year, my 1st and 2nd next, and my 2nd in two years. That they’ll take.

Is it worth it? I denude my ability to take a first round talent to help out next year. I make the deal.

Because it’s fun!

We select QB Damien Hoffman, from Tennessee Tech, 5 volatility, as scouted, and strong combines. He was the top player on the board.

I’ll see you guys in the 3rd round!

I still need 2xCb, S, WRx2, DT, RB,

At the 3rd round, none of our positions of need are available. But the 2nd best QB in the draft hasn’t even been taken yet. There are clearly some value in drafting him – in case my guy busts, I have him too. And there really ins;t anyone here that I want/need unless I want to grab yet another fallen C.

Actually, if I’m going to blow a pick, why not take a P?

Then I start need drafting bodies

The 2028 Jacksonville Jaguars Draft

1.2 – QB Damien Hoffman
3.27 – P Wally Collier
4.28 – DT Rick Greer
5.10 CB Jonah Dennis
5.22 FS Tony Markel
5.29 WR Casey Meyer
6.26 TE Sebastian Treftz
7.27 RB Rob Velthoen

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote