View Single Post
Old 11-20-2003, 04:21 PM   #19
Rhone Ranger
n00b

I enjoy the chemistry feature of FOF very much and I'm glad it's part of the game.

I just want to say that I heartily agree with this suggestion:

Quote:
Originally posted by Daimyo
To me the ideal situation would be if it worked as it does now, except the 12 personality types were randomly assigned. ... Basically I don't want to be able to predict who will get along based on any arbituary groupings.

The zodiac system is arbitrary, which is not a problem except that player relationships at the beginning of a gaming career are always the same. For example, Kyle Boller will hate Jamal Lewis every time I start up a new league, because their birth dates are not randomized. Since randomizing birth dates would be a little weird, "personality colors" - which could easily be randomized - might be a more sensible system that wouldn't offend the astrologically challenged members of the FOF community. And, if desired, these colors could be kept completely internal (and therefore they don't even have to be colros - they could just be numbers or whatever) so gamers cannot determine, in advance, how players will interact until they're both on the same team.
Rhone Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote