View Single Post
Old 06-03-2006, 11:43 PM   #262
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
Dennis, there's never too much glowing about what our kids do

Andrew played his first football game today. Poor kiddo, they'd had only two practice in the last week and they'd taken them through drills for about every positions on the field, from QB (actually simply learning how to throw the ball) to WR to OL to DL to DB. They had run some plays as a team toward the end of the Thursday night practice and they had slotted him on the end of the defensive line so I kind of briefed him on what to expect as a defensive end. This is where my poor kiddo comment comes in to play, they moved him around today! They put him in as a DB to cover the only WR on the other side. First play, he tackled the WR as he came accross the line of scrimmage, and stayed glued to him, talk about effective bump and run They didn't call one penalty during the whole game and even let that one go with only telling him he shouldn't be doing it. He kinda learned a bit and toward the end of the game, he was facing the right guy for the snap and even hitting himself on the thigh pads to pump himself up. Was just too cute

It's was a crappy, rainy and cold day but he looks like he had fun. Actually it's the first time in a long while that he looked so pumped when I asked him if he had fun.

FM

That is definately awesome, my boy, Avery, shows more desire and skills at baseball than football...Honestly, I don't care either way, I myself was all about baseball up until my freshman year in H.S. when I was told I was to small to play catcher at that level.

Well, tell Andrew congrats on playing from me!

And how was Dad while watching him?