View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 01:37 PM   #296
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
I just don't even know how to react to this. I feel like I'm listening to like.. someone's grandpa or something.

If netflix being down for an hour or two for an outage is a reason to go out and overpay for the same thing in another fashion, have at it. When Netflix is down you could listen to your cassette tape collection to pass the time.

Get off my lawn sonny!

Like I said, it's like books. I like to have something tangible 'in my hands'. I would be willing to pay/subscribe (depends on the price) to something like Netflix if it did live sporting events and I could watch any team that I wanted. I'm not Netflix bashing, it just provides me no benefit at the moment. I do think it's a bit of hyperbole when someone thinks that paying 16 dollars a month for unlimited viewing is too expensive. I'm actually surprised that Netflix isn't charging 25 to 30 a month or have a tiered pricing service for people who are not heavy viewers.

And I don't think paying 10 dollars for a DVD is over paying. It would be if I was buying 4 or 5 a week, but I don't. So nothing to do with getting with times with all the hip kids and their zoot suits.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote