View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 08:53 PM   #16
BYU 14
Coordinator

Starters

OK, my backfield starters are set for the first game, though they are still some battles going on. We use a rotation system which covers 5 series on O and D. We usually get 5-7 possessions a half so we will go through the rotation and then back to the top. In instances where things are tight we will override that and send the first rotation (Starters) in as needed

Backfield Starters
QB - Louis G (Still close with Jacob S they will both play in rotation)
TB - Shayne M (He gets 4 of 5 rotations, he will not play Defense)
FB - Jamal D (Another close battle, he gets 3 rotations, Jesus G and Dylan U one each)
WB - Jamal K (He also gets 3 rotations, James O and Chuks A one each)

All these guys can play and we won't lose a whole lot with any of them in there. This gets them all experience early in a game we should win and will insure we are the fresher team in the second half when the heat really starts to take it's toll. The starters on the line will be as follows. We will decide what other players get into the rotation Monday.

Starting O-Line

TE - Jessie M
ST - Damian C
SG - Mario R
C - Frederick F
QG - Joseph O
QT - Ryan F

We will also decide on a 3 split end rotation Monday as well, there are 6 kids competing right now for those spots. Two will likely be DeAundre S and Robert M.

Defense

The Starting D-line will be.

DE - Cody R
DT - Chris P
NG - Raoul H (Teams that don't double him will be in trouble)
Stud - Malik T (Has been a solid force on the weakside)

There are likely 3-5 others that will see rotation time here during the first game.

Linebackers
I have my rotation set for Linebackers and the starters here will be

Sam - Antonio A (Also in rotation will be Chuks A)
Mike - Dylan U (Francisco S will see time at both Mike and Will)
Will - Jesus G (Neiko A may get some regular rotation time here as well)
Rover - James O (Curtis J has come on strong and will get in as well)

There are 3-5 others that may/will get in depending on how the game goes.

Secondary

Our DB coach won't decide until Monday, but frontrunners are Tywon. (He will start at one corner for sure) The other spot is up for grabs between Robert M, Guillermo N and Andrew J. Safety will be manned by Jacob S (Unless he eventually starts at QB) Louis G (Same) though the best may be Anthony R, out until at least game 2, probably 3. (He got his cast off Friday and needs 1-2 weeks of rehab.

I already have my gameplan done. I may change a couple of plays in my script (I script the first 10 plays to check alignments and adjustments to certain things) but we everything in that I wanted to get in for the first game, so we are ready to go for the most part.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote