View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 01:43 AM   #282
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Here's where I got a little confused.

4th and 9 on our 42. Start of the 4th. They come out of the break punting. PUNTING? Turns out to be a decent call. The punt is eventually picked up by Bryce, but for all the juking and jiving, he ends up on the 8 yard line.

Nolan provided me with another classic moment here. He comes running onto the field and I call for the wedge. I didn't even realize he was there. I send the team out of the huddle and as the team lines up I start hearing Nolan's name. I scan over our offensive formation and then I see Nolan beside Ray. While the whole team is in their 3 point stance and looking forward, Nolan is looking at me with his hands near his shoulders as to ask, "what gives?" I call timeout to get him out of there and start laughing to myself about that.

Three plays later, Bryce scores on Trojan from 83 yards out. The longest play from scrimmage for our team on the season and unofficially for our association at our age level (the other three coaches couldn't recall having a run that long on the year when I spoke with them). JD tries to wedge again, no luck once again. 24-6.

A lineman caught the kickoff at their 48. Three plays later, Nolan makes the tackle. Let me emphasize that. NOLAN MADE A TACKLE.

Once again, we force a three and out. Carlos makes a good return on the punt. We call a pass to Nick C, who got behind the defense and drops the ball. Gah! Jacob wedges for 3 yards and then we pass to Ashanti. Ash isn't ready to catch the pass and it falls incomplete, but he's bumped as the ball comes close and we gain a pass interference call.

We turn the ball over on downs four plays later on their 23 yard line. Two plays later, Carlos picks off a hitch pass and has a Pick 6. Hunter tries to wedge but again we can't make it work.

Ray ends the game with a huge sack that leaves the poor boy on the ground for a minute or two before he finally gets up.

30-6 good guys.