View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 01:50 PM   #17
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by USFLTecmo View Post
I generally list all the roles that are possible in a game, and then make a few different equal (or as close to it as I can get as possible) potential role setups, then I get random.org to not only assign which set of roles to use, but who gets to be each role. So far, it seems to have eliminated a bit of the metagaming that takes place when you have the same group playing game after game.

I picked this up because the first game I GMed, one of the players thought that I assigned all the roles by personal preference (which I didn't), and made the wrong read at the end of the game because of it. This last game, I didn't see a lot of discussion over who I picked, but there was still a lot of discussion based on events outside the game, because I went with an Alpha Wolf role that selected the other two. It has made things quite interesting, but I figure I'll run it once every three or four games, so as not to overuse it.

The part in bold is pretty much a given around here. There's been some exceptions, but when that happens it's always spelled out -- we're going to assume that it's completely random who gets to be each role unless we're told otherwise -- and when that happens, we'll discuss the selection process to the extent of almost completely ignoring the rest of the game (WW Draft, anyone?).
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote