View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 07:04 PM   #23
theclassic
n00b

Above will be the last update until Friday night hopefully, or maybe Saturday. I think the simulation has gone well so far. There have been some awesome games to witness in the Final Four, and I'm still having a hard time believing Central (IA) upset of Kentucky during the tournament in the first season.

To answer some questions.

It took probably 4-5 hours to put it all together. I had a structure in mind which helped, and there are a lot of resources on the web for college sports team information. I thought the hardest part would be the geographic coordinates, but that was probably the easiest. I found a .csv file with a list of all the cities and their coordinates in the United States. Edited it to work with the formula I was going to create, and then I just let vlookup in Excel do all the work.

I have attached the teams and conference .csv files in this message. You will have to implement your own logos. I did so in my game, but having taking a few copyright law classes I didn't feel like providing a large number of trademarks in one zip file over the Internet. Most of the team logos can easily be found doing a Google image search. Lastly in your tourny.csv your going to have to change the school ID to match Hawaii's new ID in my file. Otherwise the host of the Hawaiian pre-season tournament could end up being UA Anchorage.

Also keep in mind team prestige acts a little bit funny because of the setup. A team with 0 prestige will automatically get a few bumps each season to match that of conference prestige. Likewise a team with 100 prestige will get a few bumps down if they don't win the national title.
Attached Files
File Type: csv conf.csv (5.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: csv teams.csv (64.9 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by theclassic : 04-21-2010 at 07:05 PM.
theclassic is offline   Reply With Quote