View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 01:29 PM   #5
Izulde
Head Coach

I know it's a small size and there could be scouting error in effect, but seeing Raymond Felton erupt in his first few games with us and his 65/71 passing/handling rating compared to Baron Davis's 80/74 passing/handling rating reminds me just how different a world DDS:PB 2 is from DDS:PB 1. It's simultaneously awesome and terrifying. System and player fit really does matter much more now. Why is it working better? I have no idea. I just know it is.

We have a trade!

Chicago Bulls receive
SF Wesley Johnson

Minnesota Timberwolves receive
PF Brian Scalabrine
Chicago Bulls 2011 1st round pick

What this means for the Bulls
The #4 overall pick in the most recent draft has potential to be a solid player someday, but right now he's still raw and struggling, particularly shooting the ball. He's Chicago's 6th man at the moment, which suggests the Bulls' bench was in need of a significant upgrade.

What this means for the Timberwolves
Essentially this trade was Johnson for the Bulls first and considering Chicago's 13-19, it's actually a fair looking trade at the moment. Last year's class was ridiculously weak, so Johnson's #4 overall status is a misnomer. Another likely lottery pick for pathetic Wolves.

Winner: Minnesota
Johnson's rawness actually makes the Bulls worse and the pick more valuable. Nice job by Minnesota here.

The 2011 calendar year kicks off with a 113-106 comeback win over the Kings. Eric Gordon scores 26, Raymond Felton continues to surprise with 15 points and 13 assists, and Ryan Gomes scores 14 bench points.

Exhaustion equals a 97-83 loss to the 76ers the night after, with no standouts, although Raymond Felton dished out 11 assists again. I don't get why he's doing what Baron Davis never did consistently.

117-107 loss to the Suns, throwing away Eric Gordon's 27 points, Raymond Felton's 26 points and 14 assists, and Ryan Gomes's 13 bench points.

Then we cream the Pistons 137-90 in our most dominant game of the year. Raymond Felton with 20 points and 13 assists, Blake Griffin with 25 points, Ryan Gomes out of nowhere with 26 bench points, Timofey Mozgov with a double of 12 points and 10 boards off the bench, and Eric Bledsoe with 10 bench points.

110-100 defeat in Dallas, the Mavericks now 20-14, while we're .500. 25 points for Eric Gordon, 15 points, 14 assists for Raymond Felton.

I'm expecting us to drop below .500 for the first time in a month, but we stun the Spurs 103-95 in San Antonio on Nicolas Batum's first 20+ point game as a Clipper (23), Raymond Felton's 25 points and 11 assists, and Eric Gordon's 20 points.

Ugly shooting game in a 119-97 neutering by New Orleans. Eric Bledsoe's 10 points and 9 assists off the bench is all that looked good. Oh and Eric Gordon's 25 points. Raymond Felton has 5 assists, snapping his streak of double-digit assists. I might be pulling Chris Paul off the block in NLL after all. 24.4 points, 11.8 assists, 5.3 rebounds, 1.6 steals, 52.7% shooting, 43.4% from long range.

Hello, track meet! 140-116 win over Phoenix, courtesy of Raymond Felton's 29 points, 14 assists, Nicolas Batum's 23 points, and Eric Bledsoe and Timofey Mozgov scoring 20 and 15 off the bench respectively.

Ryan Gomes and Eric Bledsoe's matching 10 bench points our lone highlights in a 106-99 loss to the Hawks.

Just when I've been thinking about trading Blake Griffin, he breaks out with a 26 point, 14 rebound performance and we win 111-100 over Milwaukee. Eric Gordon helps out with 24 points and Eric Bledsoe hits 5 of 6 three pointers to finish with 19 points in just 17 minutes.

We finally stop yo-yo'ing between .500 and one over, blasting the Timberwolves 114-98. Raymond Felton pretty much singlehandedly won the game with 29 points, 16 assists, and 3 steals. He did have help, though - Ryan Gomes and DeAndre with 17 and 10 bench points.

But the Lakers are there to remind us we're not anything more than an average team as they destroy us 113-89. Raymond Felton 23 points and Eric Bledsoe 15 bench points our only statistical stars.

Defense propels us to a 93-81 win over the Thunder. That and all five starters in double-digit scoring, led by Raymond Felton's 20 points and 9 assists. Oh, did I mention Felton's scoring rating is 58, putting him third on the team? But Blake Griffin hasn't yet learned to demand the ball, apparently. Although Felton's current 13.9 points is third on the team, it's skewed by his 10.4 points in 20 starts with New York. (Griffin and Eric Gordon are tied with the team lead for 70 scoring).

Here's an unexpected 105-98 road win over a good Golden State side. Eric Gordon unleashes for 30 points, Blake Griffin and Raymond Felton put up respective double-doubles of 16 points, 12 rebounds, and 13 points, 10 assists, and Ryan Gomes and Ronny Turiaf chip in 19 and 10 bench points.

Our first doubleheader sweep in a long time, 102-81 vs Portland. Raymond Felton in control with 28 points and 11 assists and Eric Bledsoe with 13 bench points.

Great month for Chicago - 13-19 at the start and they're 24-21 heading into the final contest against us. Make that 25-21 as they suffocate us, 97-79, Nicolas Batum's 24 points tossed aside amidst the mounds of bricks we lay in shooting 42.3%.

Still, I'm not complaining at all. At 24-21, we're still a half-game out of the 8 seed, only this time it's San Antonio. We're also tied with Portland for the 9th seed. Very densely packed playoff race in the West right now, save for the 31-13 Lakers destroying pretty much everyone.

Huh. Chicago's leading the Central with that 25-21 mark, 3.5 games ahead of ...the Cleveland Cavaliers?! Say what?! Mo Williams 19.5 points and 8.2 assists, Antawn Jamison and Ramon Sessions both averaging over 14 points. 47.4% team shooting is tied for 7th. So that's how they're doing it. Riding Mo and a very good shooting percentage.

Fuller league review after February.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote