View Single Post
Old 09-21-2016, 04:20 PM   #1
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

A Matter of Life or Death (a real life journal)

If you aren't a reader of my Swim Like a Champion dynasty you probably missed my recent announcement...despite the fact I've been so healthy recently I haven't seen a doctor (except for physicals) in about 4 years, I'm only 47, and a non-smoker - about a month ago I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer.

I've been debating constantly on if I should do this journal or not...I can't decide if it will be helpful to me or if it will depress me. Plus, I'm not sure how readers would react either...I know from all the "F" Cancer threads that many people on the board have been touched by this awful disease and I don't know how a first hand account will be viewed (if it is viewed at all). After doing some reading and seeing some other people's blogs that are in a similar situation I've decided to start this and see where it leads. If you aren't interesting in following because it is too depressing, cuts too close to a pre-existing wound, or are simply not entertained, I completely understand. This isn't about getting attention or sympathy. Honestly, I'm not sure if I was healthy if I'd stop to read something of this nature.

After basically a month I've decided to start writing this because my I'll kickoff my treatments tomorrow with a Gamma Knife procedure on the brain (I mentioned stage IV right?). Obviously, there is a long delay from diagnosis to treatment which is unusual, but I'll fill in the details shortly.

Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote