View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 11:48 AM   #3
tanner_the_taco
n00b

Hey man,

Thank you so much for doing this! I used R to make this and, when I was generating the rookies, I just used pro-football-reference's spreadsheet on the 2020 draft so I just did uniform draws and randomized the rookies' birthdates but used the 'age' column from pro-football-reference's spreadsheet to get their birth year. However, I just did random draws for the months and for the days I did try to specify only 1-30 as the sample for months with 30 days but I must've messed up with September. February and leap years tho.. didn't even think of that lol I also definitely see how jersey numbers could be a problem too. I just set the samples to be the possible numbers by position (e.g. 50-59 for C) and, again, did random uniform draws for all the rookies.

Also, heads up to anyone and everyone using these, the rating updates were all mostly following PFF's grades and just overall stats from the last year. For the rookie class, I used the distribution defined in the roster pdf to take random draws. I did a little bit of reassignment for first rounders (like Herbert and Chase Young). I'm definitely not an expert and I didn't put a whole bunch of thought into them so please don't be offended if I underrated/overrated several dudes.

Additionally, I definitely didn't get all contracts and transactions. Just those for players with OVR 2+ and some of the players I just put them on one year deals for the team they signed with because I was running out of free time and just wanted to be done lol

Massive thanks again to Jlombard_! I definitely was going to give up on my rosters lol

Last edited by tanner_the_taco : 01-22-2021 at 11:51 AM.
tanner_the_taco is offline   Reply With Quote