View Single Post
Old 07-22-2021, 08:07 PM   #173
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
Whoa, I kind of hate that this entire page consists of Perfect Team talk. I haven't bought OOTP in a few years because it seemed they were putting all of their attention to PT, and it looks like, to my selfish detriment, it's working!

PT is mostly just something I mess around with when I open the game and before I do my solo play stuff. I haven't stuck any real money into it. Honestly, I don't even really keep too much track of the actual team I have. More just ripping packs and doing the collection missions.

For solo play, lately I've been messing around with a fictional universe I created that starts in 1900 with two rival major leagues and a bunch of regional independent leagues. Instead of playing as a team I guide the universe as a whole and watch things play out. Create a player here and there, change the settings and modifiers as time goes by, expansion, contraction, relocation, mergers and all that fun stuff.

I also have my long running league that I play out every game. It started in 1993 with a fantasy draft. I'm currently in the year 2000 after winning my third World Series in 1999 with a pretty awesome team. Kenny Lofton leading off, Pudge, Robby Alomar, Omar Vizquel, a young Adrian Beltre, and Bobby Higginson. The 3D engine is night and day from when it first came out. Still some annoying timing issues (like the shortstop standing there with the ball when a guy rounds third and scores), but overall playing games out gets a huge chunk of my play time these days.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote