View Single Post
Old 07-31-2021, 10:59 AM   #196
fortheglory
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I always turn Rule 5 off. Mostly because it seems like such a drag. Without it, the most labor some part of the game for me is the period of signing arb players and pending minor league free agents.

I really like the updates. I think building a coaching staff and getting the personalities right is pretty fun. And finding a staff that has good enough teachers and development skills.

One thing that I have done more recently is expand the overall roster size and active roster size. I think I'm at 29 for the active roster and 48 for the total. That's just more fun for me, but it does seems like I see fewer instances of teams releasing valuable players.

One thing that has been annoying me (really two things) is players leaving my league to play in the Australian League.I had a solid starter sign reach free agency and he was asking for maybe $17M per year, which is close to reasonable but I was waiting to see if he might drop down closer to $14M. And he signs for peanuts with the ABL, where I can purchase him for $250K and have him on a minimum salary for the year. Really ruined the immersion for me (I ended up buying him and trading him to a shitty team for a scrub). The other issue with the ABL is that decent, but not great players will have good seasons there and then want ridiculous amounts of money to sign, whereas they would realistically be happy to make a MLB roster following a season in Australia.

Is it worth it to use international or independent leagues? They recently changed it so you can no longer purchase players from Mexico or Australia…the players must either be free agents or posted. This still doesn’t account for why the player would have rejected a MLB contract in favor of a much smaller one in Australia though.

Also in the latest patch…many international PCMs have been changed

One other thing to consider…did the Australian League have a limit on the number of foreigners per team?

Last edited by fortheglory : 07-31-2021 at 01:42 PM.
fortheglory is offline   Reply With Quote