View Single Post
Old 12-03-2014, 09:19 AM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quickstart with 270+ years of history

This is my ongoing fast-sim solo league that I started back in 2008 and have been actively managing through versions 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and now OOTP 15. [phew]

Fast-sim means that injuries are off, fatigue is low (though you could increase it) and after the off-season ends, the teams are set not to allow AI changes and I sim the entire season at once, then allow teams to make changes during the off-season.

The past few years, I've only played cursory amounts of this game beyond beta. Just got busy with real life. But this year, I got back into it slowly. Thanks to txranger and knuckler, I got some new logos for teams and all of a sudden, it felt like a place I wanted to hang out. Most of the teams are original to this league, but a few are from the knuckler/txranger collaboration because some of the names were SO good that I couldn't resist. Some are retrofitted from that world, too.

So after a contraction about 40 years ago, the league is now back to 36 teams (two 18 team leagues, 3 divisions of six teams) and the playoffs involve 16 teams (7-7-7-7) which gives everyone a chance, but cuts down on as many flukes.

The league is in better shape than it's ever been before. Records have been broken, older guys last if they are good and there is a good influx of talent that dominate without it being too overwhelming. Stats are consistent and 1 and 2 star players are actually able to contribute.

Wanna play? Here's the latest link to the quickstart (2 December 2014) here:

Here are a smattering of some of the league logos.

Here are the teams en masse:

Code:
NL EAST Boston Yanks Harlem Rens New York Gothams Philadelphia Quakers Virginia Mariners Washington Maroons NL WEST Arizona Fire Easters Colorado Gold Sox Los Angeles Seraphs Nevada Silverhawks San Francisco Peanuts Victoria Cougars NL CENTRAL Chicago Blue Collars Detroit Pontiacs Eau Claire Paws Great Plains Flycatchers Indianapolis Arrows Milwaukee White Sox AL SOUTH Baltimore Atlantics Baton Rouge Red Sticks Carolina Wrens Florida Rockets Georgia Peaches Louisville Robins AL WEST El Paso Sun Kings Los Angeles Astros Portland Brewers Salt Lake City Elders Tacoma Thrashers Texas Electrics AL EAST Brooklyn Originals Chicago Rogues New York Knights Philadelphia Apostles San Juan Autos Worcester Hearts

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote