View Single Post
Old 02-01-2021, 10:56 PM   #31
triplykely
Mascot

From a play calling standpoint I tend to think in relation to forcing a 3rd and long. Generally I’m aggressive against the run with 8 in the box on 1st. The more 2nd and long the more 3rd and long. If I give up the 1st, no big deal, try to force the 3rd and long on this sequence.

Generally on 3rd and long I’ll blitz 1 with cover 2 or 3 depending on offensive personnel. While I do not always have great pass rusher careers I have hit 196 sacks with a DE and many over 150.

In the 34 put your best Blitzer at WLB, regardless of weighting they will blitz often. Your RDE generally will get more sacks than your LDE, skill discrepancy can negate this.

Like said above, don’t focus to heavily on matching real NFL numbers as FOF will always fall short. On the same hand, try skimming the same season over and over using different game plans. Make small changes and maybe start with only 1 play per situation. As you sim try to recognize patterns based on calls. I’m not explaining it well but I’m doing this I know you can get great numbers with your team. The ratings should yield multiple 10+ sack players

Edit: also worth noting synergy between your defense and offense. If you have a run heavy ball control offense the opposing offense will have fewer snaps and this fewer pass attempts to rush. Conversely a big play passing offense that scores a lot will force teams to abandon the run creating more pass rush opportunities.

Last edited by triplykely : 02-02-2021 at 01:14 AM.
triplykely is offline   Reply With Quote