View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 11:09 PM   #50
BYU 14
Coordinator

Final full pad practice tonight before the Game Wednesday. We normally only go full pads twice a week, but the extra day gave us 3 this week and after some focue issues during individual periods and skellies the hitting really picked up during team offense as the scout defense brought it. I like to see this as it makes the Offense work a lot harder since we have the scout team get a little over excited when they make a play. We ended up with a nice 20 minute session and finished with a few reps of Goaline offense, debuting our Elephant package. (Basically just our 3 biggest backs in the backfield) We lose some speed here, but we will always be able to get a yard when needed with this group.

Finished with Defense and I did some triangle reads (Inside and Out) with the Linebackers on option responsibility, then Skellies and finally team Defense. I think we have their scheme dialed in pretty well, put with this past week being a holiday we have been missing key kids at various times. This is a minor concern as it can effect unit chemistry and in a couple of cases we will be starting 2nd and 3rd string guys due toi unexcused absences.

I am still not sure who I will start at QB, it is basically a coin flip right now if Louis doesn't get his academics squared away tomorrow.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote