View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 01:09 AM   #1
Radii
Head Coach

FBCB 2010 System Experimentation

Dynasty Goals

I'm doing this to practice for multiplayer more than anything. I coach a team at the top in FOFC FBCB (a high prestige UNC team with nearly maxxed out ratings). I want to get as good at recruiting as I can be, and I want to experiment with a few styles of teams to see if one fits me best, and to see if I can consistently recruit to one style successfully.

Background

I won a ton in the first version of the game by recruiting for the pressing/trapping system and by only caring about the steals rating. FBCB 2010 balanced that well so its not the only way to play anymore. Its also made recruiting more difficult (or maybe more random, its hard to say). When FBCB 2010 first came out I just kept recruiting the same way, STL > *. That worked ok, but over the last 5-6 seasons that's fallen apart for me, and I've just been recruiting the best players I can find.

What's going to happen here

I'm going to start at the top. I don't care about building up my coach or advancing through the ranks. I want to see if there is a style of play that gives me the best chance to win championships. I'm going to create a new league, create my high level coach at North Carolina, and play through a number of 50 season careers under the following guidelines:

-- Each career will have a singular recruiting focus that I follow for the entire 50 seasons (1-3 preferred ratings that I strive to excel in at the expense of nearly everything else). Examples are 3 point shooting teams (3PS focus), winning the turnover battle (HND/STL/BLK focus, basically the old pressing and trapping game), defense and rebounding (DRB/PSD/PRD), etc.

-- I use the recommend button for training camp

-- I use the recommend button + minor tweaks for gameplanning.

-- I set my depth chart at the start of the season and leave it alone.

This is basically how I play in multiplayer. I tend to run 9-10 man rotations, mostly b/c of how I built my teams in the old version around high pace and pressing and trapping. This probably won't change. I might slow it down a little in a couple of these styles of play, but at a top school if I recruit decently well I should always have a deep bench and like to use it.

That's the setup. If you have a suggestion for a style of play that I'm not already planning (see the next post for more details on that), let me know.

Radii is offline   Reply With Quote