View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 11:03 AM   #789
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekimonk View Post
What does that change? It didn't even occur to me until some time had passed how suspicious it was that he use his one-time ability, that he could use on only one person, on someone about to get NK'd. He only admitted that he tried to steal from someone after my speech about having the Ter'Angreal and then only because he thought he still had the Ter'Angreal.

What it changes, for me, is that it is not information he needed to share but did unprompted.

If I were a wolf and killed a guy and got an item that would help protect me, my instinct would not be to tell everyone about it. Maybe he is cleverer than I, though I've never played a game with him before clearly he's not a novice.

And the fact that I have search abilities, and Grover said he did makes me think that at least the Illians are all searching, and clearly the Aiel have some sort of search ability and generally there is probably a lot of searching going on at night -- that is hinted but not spelled out in the ruleset but I think is an easy jump to make. So yeah, though any one search is unlikely to succeed, some are going to despite the odds.