View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 12:02 PM   #7
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Now that I've introduced the subjects of this journal, I'll fill in a couple of more notes before going into performances for the beginning of the short course season...

1. I didn't fill in any Forsyth County Summer Team Relay information in their resumes...I didn't want to overly clutter that section, but relays are fun and on odd years Brett and Bear swim together...and Bailey has several of her year round swimmers in her relays regardless of year - so I thought I'd plug it in here...

2009 was the first year the Summer Team fielded relays at the County Meet...

2009 - 7/8 100 Yard Medley Relay - 3rd

Bear and Brett's relay team came into the event seeded 10th and finished 3rd. I may be a proud papa, but I can tell you in that race, Brett (who swam the Breast which is the 2nd leg of the relay) was 8th off the wall and 2nd at the end of his leg. Bear (Fly leg and 3rd swimmer in the relay) was 2nd off and 2nd at the end...and the freestyler was passed (by the best swimmer in the county at freestyle - so no shame there)...

Bailey's Medley relay finished 5th

7/8 100 Yard Free Relay

The boys relay finished 5th, Bailey's team finished 6th

2010 - This year the boys don't swim together as Brett ages up to the 9/10s...

9/10 - 100 Yard Medley Relay

This is where I knew that Brett might be able to get into the top 3 in the Breaststroke event later in the day. During the relay the team came in seeded 8th and again Brett was one of the last off the walls of the 10 teams swimming but passed 5 other swimmers and was 2nd at the end of his leg. The other two swimmers held on to a 3rd place finish.

7/8 Boys 100 Yard Medley Relay

Bear's group came in 7th seed and finished 3rd. Bear had a very strong swim and the anchor freestyler passed a kid on his leg to secure 3rd

7/8 Girls 100 Yard Medley Relay

This is Bailey's relay where 3 of the 4 girls swam together in the state meet as the B relay team for the county. The 3 girls that made county swam great, unfortunately, the one that didn't - didn't and they finished 2nd losing by .06 seconds.

7/8 100 Yard Free Relay

Bear's relay team included himself (8th in county) and RJ (5th in county) and those two were able to push the team to 2nd. Never challenged to win, but did beat 2 higher seeded teams.

7/8 Girls 100 Free Relay

Bailey's group included her (3rd in county) and Savannah (4th in county) and they finished 2nd in the relay as well. (the team that beat them had the 1st and 2nd place county swimmers in the 25 free...)

Brett's free relay finished 9th

2011 - Boys are on the same relays again...

100 Yard Medley Relay

Bailey's group came in seeded 2nd and finished a solid 2nd...well ahead of the 3rd place team but a full second behind the winners

Brett and Bear unfortunately finished 4th....the backstroker (who is a great swimmer) got a terrible start (didn't hear the starter) and was last at the end of his leg...the team finished 4th, but out of the medals. The team that finished 3rd was a team we swam against in the regular season and beat by half a pool length in this event...

100 Yard Free Relay

Bailey's group finished 4th, the boy's group finished 6th...

2. In case you haven't noticed...the girls field of swimmers is much tougher than the boys...there are about twice as many girls in swimming...so tougher to do well

I think that just about does it...if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions just jump in...
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote