View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 08:28 PM   #44
PraetorianX
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
I have some theories about the film that have absolutely no basis other than from my own thinking...

1. Batman dies. I think this seems like an obvious end to the trilogy.

2. John Blake becomes the 'new' Batman. There's supposed to be a Nolan directed 'reboot' in 2015... Blake could step in as the replacement.

3. John Blake becomes Robin. It seems odd to me to have a supporting actor cast as just a do-gooder cop outside of Jim Gordon that would seem to have a major role. I feel like there's more to Blake than meets the eye in a number of ways.

I tend to agree, there is surely more to Blake than what we're led to believe so far.

I don't know about killing Bruce, but maybe injuring him to the extent that he cannot continue as Batman (i.e. - like in Knight Fall). Blake could then succeed him as 'Batman'.

The reason I think this could be possible (either injury or death) is that it would bring the trilogy full circle. The talks between Bruce and Ras in BB about becoming more than a man, becoming a symbol because a man can be killed or broken. Batman, as a man can be killed, but as a symbol another can step in and carry on his fight against injustice.

I just think it would be a natural conclusion to Nolan's trilogy.

But what are you guys talking about Nolan supposedly directing a reboot in a few years?
PraetorianX is offline   Reply With Quote