View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 06:55 PM   #12
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

These blokes are the U21s, the former Grey Ghosts I animated to fill out my roster last summer. They served the club well in 2013/14, but they've largely been superseded by the players who graduated from our youth program in March.

Anthony Lord is the most notable of this group. He appeared 13 times last year, and did well enough that I'd not hesitate to name him to the eighteen for any match.

And here are the U18s. Mick Hart has already graduated from their class, but there are still a few names to remember on this list.

HOYD Luke Noble and coach Callum Stevenson, who have good eyes for talent, both believe Neil Pelling is the second-best striker in the team, after Hart. Pelling also needs playing time, which makes me wonder if sending him out on loan might be an option. It would be tough to remove Paul Douglas (10 goals, 20 assists last season) from the first eleven to make room for Neil.

Josh Murray can play all across the back line, and if something were to happen to any of our four starting defenders, Josh would get the call. Like Pelling, he's rated very highly by my assistants, who all believe he's good enough to start ahead of Jonathan Booth right now.

I didn't add the Potential Ability column to this post, because all these lads earned five stars. Either they're all very good, or our current squad isn't all that good, or my staff are clueless. I hope the first statement is most accurate.

Last edited by Greyfriars Bobby : 06-07-2018 at 06:58 PM.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote