View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 11:28 AM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

FM18 - The Rise of Sepsi: Romania Strong - FINISHED!!!

Hello folks!

I’m not sure where my love of playing teams in lesser European divisions and bringing them to the top came from.

When I began playing FM back when it was still CM, I had two stints with lesser lower profile clubs in the EPL – Ipswich first, and then Bolton. I spent a few years at each, and really tried to learn the game. Then after I had learned the systems, I dove down into lower level English football and invested a lot of time trying to bring teams like Yeovil Town, Wrexham and Carlisle up top.

It was deep into one of my final campaigns as Carlisle when I had just finished a season where they were a few spots short of the promotion playoffs for the EPL, and I got an unusual job offer for Kaiserslautern in Germany. They were offering a large kitty, and wanted to move up. I took the job, and secured one Bundesliga win during my time there, as well as really enjoyed myself.

Next dynasty, I remember this, and I decided to head somewhere hard and far away from England. I chose Ukraine. I took over FC Metalurh Zaporizhya in the Ukrainian top league and took them high.

And I was bitten.

Over the next few years I would play in Belgium, Czech Republic, Greece and such and have a lot of fun doing so. I finally decided to come home and rebuild Crewe Alexandria in England to a EPL club, and then I did Nacional da Madeira at a top flight club in Portugal, built up UD Melillia in Spain, and then took La Liga club Athletic Bilbao to the Champions cup win in its 6th year.

Now it’s time to return to basics and head back east. I want to build a club in a new Eastern European nation that isn’t exactly at the top of the football scrapheap, and turn it into a regional powerhouse.

Welcome to Romania!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-07-2018 at 09:36 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote